Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Lapse - in Time & Judgement

So, many of you (all one of you, meaning ... me) will notice that I have done nothing with this blog since posting my ambitions.  The reason behind this lapse (at least, this is what I will 'blame' it on) is that we were blessed with a beautiful, adopted baby boy!  He has lovingly taken my time (which I give willingly) and scrunched it and anything else soft or smooshy up into his beautiful little hands.  


He is now sleeping through the night (knock on wood), and as I gather more of my wits with every extra hour of sleep, I am beginning to feel the need to create and do.  So, I have made a Hobby Jar.  In it, are many filled slips of folded paper giving me a project that I've been meaning to start - or finish!  Along with projects that have an end, I have included several projects like "do one page of scrapbooking" (because it's just so daunting for an open-ended "do scrapbooking"), or  "Complete one family blog post" (again, a small tribute to make it seem more achievable).  I have also put in three little suggestions that scare me more than anything else in the jar.  Three little slips of paper that, when I draw from the jar my hand will shake with fear should I draw one.  Those three say "Write for one hour."  Should I draw such a slip, I'm sure my enthusiasm and response time will lag a little, but, I shall prevail.  And, because those are the most frightening, they will go back in the jar once completed.  


So, Here goes my new goal of at least having a project in mind.  I'm currently knitting a sweater.  I know! I didn't really know I could knit.  I'm finding out that at first, I can't ... I've restarted a pattern 18 times now. But, I'm well on my way now - and using the internet to make sure I know what I think I know.  I've almost finished with the back.  So, I'll post pics as I go, as proof that I'm doing this.  If someone does happen upon this blog and wants info about anything I'm working on, leave a comment asking for it and I'll post it.  If you want specifics, leave a comment with your email address (you should probably have an email account that doesn't have your real name, like AwesomePossum @ something.com (and no, that's not my email info, but it would rock, wouldn't it?).  Anyway, here I go ... again. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment